Usually, a feeling of anxiety is your body’s natural response to stressful situations in life. Most people tend to go through fear or apprehension about what’s to come next. It is seen that most people have this sort of fear or nervousness when they are about to begin a new task or activity in their life. It can be – the first day at school, a job interview, or performing something on stage. Though some people know how to manage these situations, others start to feel extremely nervous or anxious. When such instances are common in life, and you are not able to control them, it would be better to take help from a professional. It is essential to know that the feeling of anxiety and panic may happen to anyone. However, if these conditions make you feel vulnerable or fearless, taking medical help is a great way to overcome an anxiety disorder.
What do you know about anxiety disorder?
As you know, it is normal for people to feel anxious in situations that are new for them. It can be anything like – moving to a new place, changing job, or giving an exam. Such instances in life are obvious to make you feel uncomfortable and crucial for change and growth. When you overcome similar incidents in life, you will feel motivated and more inclined to take up risk-taking behaviour tasks.
When a person feels anxiety on certain occasions, it is common and goes away on its own. However, if there is a regular occurrence of stress feeling to occur, it can be a bit of concern for the person. It not only makes them feel unpleasant, but it also plays a significant role in lowering down their self-confidence.
If a person goes through the condition of anxiety disorder, it will make them stop doing things that bring joy and happiness. Often people with anxiety have trouble crossing the road, entering the elevator, talking to a stranger, or even leaving home. Though many people do not take stress to be an actual issue, later, it may lead to severe mental problems when left untreated. There have been reports that say ignoring cases of anxiety have left people with long-life depression and other serious mental problems.
In the United States, there are more common causes of anxiety in people among all the other mental health issues. It is the most common form of the emotional disorder that can affect anyone at any age. As per the American Psychiatric Association reports, more women have been diagnosed with the problem of anxiety disorder than men.
What are the types of anxiety disorders that may tend to occur in humans?
We may say that anxiety is a collective form of many different mental health issues that may arise in humans. There are various levels of types of anxiety that are common these days. They include –
- Panic disorder – A person may experience recurring panic attacks without any warning prior. People who have panic disorder are constantly in fear of the next panic attack occurring.
- Social anxiety disorder – People who fear going out in social gatherings or elsewhere are more likely to develop a social anxiety disorder. They have an extreme fear of getting judged by others.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder – Any person who has a problem with overthinking may have recurring irrational thoughts that make them do it over and over again. Such repeated situations are the main reason for people to develop the obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) – When people go through challenging situations in life, there can be events that may acts traumatic for them. Such instances in life will cause them to suffer through PTSD.
- Phobia – Some people go through excessive fear of specific situations, objects or activities. It can make them uncomfortable, and also an occurrence of a panic attack can be seen.
- Separation anxiety disorder – When a person suffers from the fear of being away from family or loved ones, they may not be able to function in such surroundings. Thus, the anxiety due to separation tends to occur and makes you feel nervous and sad at the same time.
- Illness anxiety disorder – Some people feel anxious when they suffer from illness or any health issue. In medical terms, doctors name such conditions of anxiety hypochondria.
What can be the symptoms of anxiety?
Every person may feel anxiety differently depending upon the condition that they are experiencing. The feeling of anxiety may range from butterflies in the stomach to a racing heart. A person may feel out of control, as in there is some sort of disconnect between the body and the mind.
Other people may experience anxiety in the form of nightmares, painful thoughts, panic attacks and disturbing memories. The most annoying part is that the person will not be able to control these thoughts. Furthermore, it will make you go through a general feeling of worry and fear that may relate to a specific place and event.
Here is a list of symptoms that may occur with anxiety –
- Rapid breathing
- Difficulty in sleeping
- High blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Trouble concentration
A person may feel somewhat different symptoms of anxiety than the other person. It depends upon the type of anxiety a person goes through by itself. That’s why you need to know the various conditions that can occur for people going through stress.